Implant Dentures – Frisco, CO
Rebuild Your Complete Smile
If you’ve lost all or most of your teeth, it is important that you replace them. Not only will doing so improve your appearance, but you’ll also regain your ability to enjoy your favorite foods, to speak clearly, and to smile with confidence. Either traditional dentures or implant-supported dentures can rebuild your missing teeth and improve your quality of life. However, we often recommend implant-supported prosthetics to patients who are candidates for them. This page explains what implant-retained dentures are and why you should seriously consider choosing them to restore your lost teeth.
How Do Implant-Retained Dentures Work?
Dentures are traditionally held in place by adhesive (bottom) or natural suction (top). Implant-supported dentures, on the other hand, are anchored in the jawbone via dental implants. A dental implant in Frisco is a small titanium cylinder that your Dr. Amedro places beneath the gum line. It bonds with the bone around it and acts as a substitute tooth root. Using just a few strategically placed implants (usually 6 – 8), he can provide the support necessary for a full denture.
Implant-retained dentures may either be permanently fixed in place or removable. In some cases, traditional dentures can be retrofitted to work with dental implants. Most of the time, however, a custom denture is required.
Am I a Candidate for Implant-Retained Dentures?
You may be an ideal candidate for implant-retained dentures if:
- You are missing all or most of your teeth
- You jawbone is thick enough and tall enough to support dental implants
- You do not smoke
- You are free of any serious medical conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes, that might affect your ability to recover after the implant surgery
- You are free of gum disease
Even if you are not an “ideal” candidate for implant dentures, we still invite you to visit your dentist in Frisco for a consultation. Dr. Amedro may be able to design a treatment plan that will get you on the road to becoming a candidate for this procedure.
The Implant-Retained Dentures Procedure
After Dr. Amedro confirms that you’re a suitable candidate for dental implants, he’ll plan and perform your placement procedure. Once the dental implants are in your jaw, they’ll need some time (several months) to form a strong bond with the bone around them. Once that bond is well established, Dr Amedro will design your custom new teeth. He’ll make sure that they fit your mouth perfectly and provide pleasing aesthetics. When your dentures are ready, he’ll attach them to your implants and give you detailed instructions on how to care for them. Then, you’ll be able to start enjoying your gorgeous, strong new smile!
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
With implant-supported dentures, patients can enjoy a higher quality of life. Here are some of the many benefits you can expect to experience:
- Improved dietary possibilities. Implants provide a strong bite force and can enable you to eat practically anything.
- Greater confidence in social situations. Implant-retained dentures look and feel so natural that no one will be able to tell that you have them.
- Easy maintenance. Whether your new teeth are removable or fixed in place, you’ll find that caring for them is neither complicated nor time-consuming.
- With traditional dentures, ridges on the gums wear down from constant friction. Smooth gums make dentures more inclined to slip, slide, or wobble. In contrast, implant-retained dentures are extremely stable.
Reclaim your smile and your life. Ask about implant dentures at your next visit to our Frisco dental practice.
General and Cosmetic Dentistry for the Whole Family
Serving the community since 2001, Ten Mile Dental offers comprehensive dental care to Frisco and all the surrounding areas of Summit County, including Breckenridge, Silverthorne, Dillon, Leadville, and Keystone. Call or visit our Frisco dental practice today to schedule an appointment. Let us transform your smile!